- Be aware of all the audit imperatives and demonstrate how he/she has specifically implemented these on the task assigned
- Display knowledge and application of ISA. He should be research-minded and ready to related the applicable ISA to the task assigned.
- Should possess the ability to display knowledge and application of IFRS, GAAP, IFRS for SMEs (where applicable), etc in the audit working paper. Staff at this level should demonstrate the ability to assist others to understand and apply these reporting frameworks on the job.
- Ability to identify relevant risks from business processes and design appropriate responses to the risk identified.
- Ability to use Audit tools and resources
- Ability to identify weaknesses in control and provide recommendations with a view to adding value to the business of the client.
- Prompt archival of audit file within the approved time limit
- Ability to commence planning and conclude assigned sections/engagement within the stipulated timeframe agreed with management. Staff at this level should show a willingness to keep up with the engagement budget as it relates to their assigned task/sections
- Effectively communicate engagement progress/status to his/her senior or manager
- Bachelor’s degree/HND holder with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in any of the Big 4s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the firm’s business
- Good understanding of clients’ business
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality as the role involves dealing with client information and trade secrets
- Ability to manage information flow and dissemination on a need to know basis
- Effective time management for workflow and delivery of results
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet agreed-to deadlines
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives, and sets personal priorities
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application Deadline: Friday 20 August 2021.