The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination and implementation of Board strategy decisions.
- Coordinates annual strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, ensuring that employees understand the details of the strategic plan and how their work connects to the corporate goals.
- Prepare annual Cost / Revenue budgets, communicate the agreed budgets to the responsible units, and at the time, measure the performance of all the responsible units against the agreed budgets and communicate the result to management.
- Agree on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Executive Management Team and monitor performance based on the agreed KPIs quarterly.
- Assess and monitor the performance of business units and Account Officers as communicated in the strategic plan and budgets
- Provide the Executive Management Team with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks; advising best options to proceed.
- Prepare the capital plan for the Bank and agree to ways to achieve the plan within set timetables.
- Conduct market intelligence on peer banks to uncover their competitive edge in product offerings, processes, and services, etc. Also, conduct product reviews to determine if the Bank should continue to offer specific products, review some of its features or discontinue the product.
- Translate government policies into a strategic working document which will cover:
- The impact a new or policy change would have on the business operations of the Bank.
- The opportunities or threats inherent in the government policy.
- Any other job function as assigned by the CFO.
Candidate’s Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in business performance management & strategy in the financial service industry especially in Commercial/Microfinance Banks operating in Nigeria.
- Candidates must have sound knowledge of the local and global financial markets with a good understanding of the micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the financial services sector.
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful, and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities.
- Candidates must also have the ability to develop financial models and use the models to analyze business opportunities and risks.
- Advance skill in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is compulsory
- Good business letter writing skills
- First degree in Financial, Economics, Accountancy or any related course with a minimum of the second class upper (2.1) or it's equivalent.
- Professional certification especially in ACCA or ACA
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.
Salary Range: Range higher than NGN 450,000